Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Covered


I climb onto the table very carefully for my treatments. A couple times I have moved the mold as I sat down on the table, and remember, I don’t want to get the therapists upset. Usually you have one of two young ladies at the foot of the table. Now tell me how am I supposed to get on the table without moving the mold and without exposing myself. Why should I worry as they will be working on my torso after all.

My dad was complaining over the phone about wearing a hospital gown in the hospital. You know the type that does not cover the cheeks. I told him he gets no sympathy from me—I am wearing one every day!

I am wondering every day in the dressing room about this: millions of dollars of high-tech equipment in this facility and we are still using ice-age gowns. I am speaking figuratively and literally here. Figuratively, they expose your figure. Literally, I get freezing cold. The therapists tell me that the temperature in the gantry is 70, but they could hang fresh meat in there to cure, I am sure. When I mention that it is cold, they say, “Do you really think it’s cold? I don’t think so.” I respond, “Take off your pants and walk around, and then tell me it’s not cold!”

I would like to be covered to knock off some of the chill of this walk-in cooler. They are letting me wear a T-shirt under my gown as that doesn’t interfere with the construction zone. There is no chance to be covered as they are getting me all adjusted for the zapping, so I am resolved no longer to worry about being covered.

As I get settled on the table, I am reminded each day that I am covered—by the prayers of the faithful. I am grateful for you because you care enough to read this blog. Thank you for your prayer support. Cheryl and I have been blessed to be covered by the prayers of so many people over the years who have interceded for us and our family. How sweet it is to be covered by the prayers of brothers and sisters in Christ.

2 comments:

JWWiii said...

Great to see how God is working and giving you time with Cheryl!

Madelyn said...

Yeah, what's up with that? Surely something could be done about a gown that covers and is still convenient for doctors. AND 70 degrees is too cold anyway.