Monday, May 7, 2012

Colleagues


Cheryl and I decided that we would not try to go home during my treatment. It is a seven hour drive one way, so it is not worth the time on the road to be home for such a short time. We have been content to spend time with new friends from the Proton Therapy Institute and with some other friends here in the Jacksonville area.

I flew to Atlanta last Thursday for an important meeting with six other WinShape leaders. As we started the meeting I asked for prayer requests. I became very emotional as my colleagues started to share some of their concerns for other team members and family.  I realized that I had really missed intercessory prayer with my friends.

Recently our international team gathered for a planning retreat here in Jacksonville Beach, and the first order of business was sharing our concerns and praying about them. What a sweet time! We prayed and cried. I think if more men cried there would be better husbands, fathers, grandfathers, and colleagues.

Cheryl and I have had some great time together in prayer during our three weeks in Jacksonville, but I missed the privilege of praying with my work colleagues. It is an opportunity that I have often taken for granted. In how many workplaces can you share your deepest concerns and then pray together about those things?

Thank you, Lord, for the honor of sharing my concerns with my colleagues and then bringing them to your feet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We definitely miss you both and are ready for your return.

Madelyn said...

It's that heart that makes you the leader you are. You're a rare man, LC!