Monday, February 24, 2020

Half of thirty three

Today I had my 17th treatment of 33. 

Yesterday I  finished my 16th treatments, but I have 33 total treatments. So when did I get to the halfway mark?

That question bothered me today during my treatment. As the therapists started working on me I couldn’t relax  until I figured it out. 

I am just like that. For example, if I’m getting up at 6 AM I never set my alarm for precisely 6 AM. I set the alarm clock at 5:57 or 6:06. Long ago Cheryl stopped asking me why. 

When you’re reading a fast-paced novel, have you ever tried to set the book aside for a couple weeks before finishing the last chapter? I have frequently done that. Again, Cheryl no longer asks me why, but I’m going to tell you: it teaches me discipline. 

And yes, I do the same thing when watching a good movie. I can stop just before the climax and come back to it after a few days. Cheryl never lets me do that when we watch a movie together.

I also like to watch multiple movies during the same period of time – meaning I will start one movie, watch part of it, and then go to another movie and watch part of it, and, then, maybe watch part of the third movie all within an hour or so. 

At least a few of you reading this are going to say, “Larry is weird!” Maybe. 

I like to think of it this way: indeed I am different from other people because I am the way God created me. When I was a kid one of my Sunday school teachers taught me a song that goes like this: Look all the world over there’s no one like me, no one like me, no one like me. Look all the world over there’s no one like me. There’s no one exactly like me.

When I stand face-to-face with the Lord in heaven I think he may ask me a question like this: Larry, why did you not spend more time being like I created you instead of trying to be like someone else?

Oh! How did I figure out when half my treatments were finished? It was easy. While strapped down to the table I estimated the halfway point of my treatment today and then celebrated all by myself being halfway through my 33 treatments 

P.S. when I eat a piece of pie I always eat the point of the pie last!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Half way. PTL. We continue to pray daily for you. Love and Prayers, EM

Sherry L Smith said...

Dear me. Apparently we don't read books, watch movies, or eat pie the same way! HA! But I still celebrate with you on reaching this halfway mark!! Woo Hoo!!!

And about that SS song - Having an identical twin sister who can finish my sentences for me makes me smile really big when I sing that one.

Big hugs!