Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend


With no treatments on Saturday and Sunday it seems a long time between my Friday night treatment and the next one tonight at 7pm. My appointment was actually at 10pm, but I just received a call asking me to come at 7pm since they were ahead of schedule. What happens is the therapists take the appointments that are the latest at night and work them into an earlier slot so they can go home earlier. Who could blame them for wanting to finish earlier?! The challenge is that we cannot plan anything for the evenings as they can call at the last minute and ask you to come in. We don’t have a problem with schedule changes because we are here for the treatments.

We worshipped at First Baptist Jacksonville yesterday. Our friends, George and Sharon Kemp, hosted us at their church. Mac Brunson is an awesome preacher. It was good to reconnect with him and Debbie. We really enjoyed the great music experience, also.

I finally went to the beach this weekend. Cheryl has been walking on the beach since we have been here, but I am not as excited about sand as she is. Through the years we have lived on the beach on both sides of the Atlantic, and we lived at both the southern and northern edges of the Sahara, so I have had my fill of sand. However, I do enjoy walking with Cheryl and I even help her look for shells.

Today I read the story of Jesus feeding the five thousand. How many times have I read that story! We know the story and the applications, like Jesus uses what we give Him and that He wants to multiply our gifts to feed the crowds around us every day. Isn’t it interesting how the Spirit points out things to you that you have not seen before? You are reading the same verses, but all of a sudden they have new significance for you. Mark 6:41 spoke to me today: “And he took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up toward heaven, He blessed the food and broke the loaves and He kept giving them to the disciples to set before them…” Jesus took the bread and fish, thanked God, and broke them into pieces. Here’s what hooked me: a whole loaf of bread could not multiply itself. The bread was only available for the people after Jesus broke it. Only broken bread can be multiplied. Lord, forgive me of waiting on You to use me when I am not first willing to be broken.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Thanks for your wisdom, Dad! I had never thought about that passage that way either. Soak up some of that beach for the girls and me!