Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ponds, Bobcat, more pics




This Bobcat skidder belongs to WinShape and I did not know we had one until this week. I used it today moving dirt to backfill on the east side of the house. I am not able to get my tractor on that side, and I had quite a time gettin the Bobcat down there. All morning the groud was wet and the first attempt proved to be a challenge. I started down the hill without a load of dirt to test the traction-- there was none. After spinning for several minutes, I wound up after 20 minutes at the bottom of the hill below the house stuck--three times. Anyhow, I worked all day and finished back filling the excavation hold on the east side.


For the first time since March, we have had some rain water in our silt pond and pasture pond. the pasture pond has maintained a steady level (2 feet low) from the spring water flowing into the pond.

1 comment:

mcbar said...

The "dirt" works! Looks great. I've never driven a Bobcat! :-)

Mike B