Saturday, September 29, 2007

More roofing on Friday

Despite a very strong wind, the roofers made good progress as you will see in the first photo. A 12/12 pitch is steep, but the 16/12 pitch on the north/south roof is VERY steep. The second photo shows the remaining roof to be done --except for a small section on the screened porch. The chimney has been painted, but it is a little difficult to see the color. I told Cheryl that I would like to have our house painted the color of dirt so it would blend in with the environment. We searched for the right color and finally bought a gallon and I smeared a little on a scrap piece of tin and brought it home to show Cheryl. As I walked in the house, Jordan asked me: "Why is that dirt on there, Papa?" Success!


2 comments:

Madelyn said...

This just really makes me smile! It's looking so very good and it is such a "Larry" place. Y'all will fill it with those grandkids and everyone else. Keep plugging away!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is beautiful. Can't wait to walk through it.